Given the relatively recent explosion of interest in Ryukyu kobudo, regional seminars are the best avenue to address the dual goals of preservation and promotion of Taira Sensei’s kobudo. In keeping with our focus on a diverse student base, these seminars are for dedicated students and teachers in any martial arts discipline.
Interested students often inquire about rank and certification within Ryukyu kobudo.While the accquistion or distribution of rank is not the primary goal of RKHS, it is a reality of modern martial arts. To this end, the requirements for individual promotion and shibu charters have been included below.
Individual Promotion Requirements (kyu ranking only)
- Has attended a minimum of five seminars on a particular weapon.
- Has reached a minimum level of proficiency in that weapon.
- Has been working that weapon for a minimum of six months.
- Is a member in good standing with the U.S. Headquarters **
Shibu (Branch Dojo) Charter Requirements
- Has reached a minimum level of Sandan or otherwise received approval under the direct assistance of the U.S. Headquarters.
- Is a member in good standing with the U.S. Headquarters **.
** U.S. Headquarters membership is established annually. Related fees are due by July 31st of each year.